Heart Strings is a membership program from Red Nose for bereaved families – love ties us to our children & loss ties us to each other
Heart Strings provides a space to connect and engage with other bereaved families, honour and remember your child among friends, and the opportunity to help to shape our programs and services for families.
Being part of Heart Strings is about being part of the Red Nose community. Members are there for each other in the simplest of ways – a warm smile at an event or sharing morning tea at an Open House. Over time, members might like to be more involved in volunteering roles, but it is all about what works for you and your family as you navigate your grief journey.
Heart Strings is all about love and families supporting families and is a simple and effective way for you to give back and make a difference for other bereaved families.
Why join Heart Strings?
- A place to connect with other bereaved families and support each other
- Be informed of the latest news and information about Red Nose both in your local area and nationally
- Advance invitations to activities and events
- A simple and effective way to give back to the community who is there to help you, and bring the same care and support to other bereaved families in a way that is right for you at this point in your journey
What’s included in your membership:
- An annual acknowledgement card for your treasured babies or children
- Personalised social media graphic tile to help remember your children on special occasions before we accept requests from the public
- 10% discount in the Red Nose online shop
- Free subscription to our Heart Strings newsletter
Membership and helping other families
- If you'd like to support Heart Strings, please do make a donation. Your gift will help ensure all bereaved parents have access to the Heart Strings program and other support services, including remembrance services
- Thank you so much for being part of the Heart Strings program - you are helping bereaved families just by being there
Common questions and more information
What is Heart Strings?
Heart Strings is a membership program from Red Nose and Sands.
Heart Strings provides a space to connect and engage with other bereaved families, honour and remember your babies and children among friends, and the opportunity to help shape our programs and services for families.
By becoming a member of Heart Strings, you will also be helping to strengthen our collective voice and help amplify the voice of bereaved parents, so all families receive the care and support they need when their baby or child dies.
How much does it cost to join?
There is no fee for a family membership at present.
Why should my family join Heart Strings?
The Heart Strings program is a place to connect with other bereaved families and support each other. Plus, you'll be informed of the latest news, you'll receive advance invitations to activities and events.
Heart Strings is a simple and effective way to give back to the community who is there to help you, and bring the same care and support to other bereaved families in a way that is right for you at this point in your journey.
If I don’t choose to join, will I still be able to access Red Nose services?
Yes. Our bereavement support services are open and free for anyone who needs them – this includes our 24/7 Support Line, Live Chat, counselling, support groups, peer support, and our Grief Support Libraries.
Heart Strings members have access to a range of additional benefits including discounted event registration, discounts on merchandise and shop purchases, and free subscription to our Heart Strings newsletter.
What benefits do members receive?
Members receive a range of benefits, including:
Connection and support
- Connection with other bereaved families
- An annual acknowledgement card for your treasured babies and children
- Personalised social media graphic tile to help remember your baby or child on special occasions
- Email alerts about upcoming events, news and current issues
- Advance invitations to events
- 10% discount in the Red Nose/Sands online shop
- FREE subscription to our Heart Strings newsletter – keeping you up to date on the latest news and information about Red Nose and Sands both in your local area and nationally
Helping other families
- Connect with other bereaved families and support each other
Join our Heart Strings community today and
help support and connect with bereaved families
Become a Member
We warmly welcome new members, individuals and families who have lost a baby or child and who have a passion for helping others.
Benefits of joining
Becoming a Heart Strings member connects you to a network of bereaved families in your state and across Australia.