Are you keen to get involved and help support families?
As a community organisation, we rely on the generosity of our wonderful volunteers and supporters to make our work possible. None of our work for families would be possible without the dedication, time and talents of the many thousands of volunteers all across Australia.
Who can volunteer?
Our volunteers range in ages from 16 to 87 years old. They come from many backgrounds and bring diverse skills and experiences to our community.
Every one of our volunteers is a valued member of our community, and we would love for you to join us too!
How your volunteering time will help families
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people and become part of a community of committed supporters. It also gives you the opportunity to improve your skills, and of course, you'll be playing a vital role in helping support bereaved families and save little lives.
Many of our volunteers also tell us that volunteering is a meaningful way for them to give back to the organisation that helped them through the pain and difficulty of losing their baby or child and allows them to pay it forward so future families have access to the same caring support.
Types of volunteer roles
We have volunteer roles in each state and a range of areas, including:
- Supporting parents as a Peer Supporter on our 24/7 Support Line
- Join our Footprints team to take steps to save little lives and ensure everyone who needs it is referred to good bereavement care
- Helping to plan local events and memorial activities such as our annual Walks to Remember
- Helping out at events and with fundraising activities such as Red Nose Day
- Assisting with office administration and support
- Knitting, sewing, or crafting in our Treasured Babies Program
- Help us out at a parenting expo
- Teams or corporate volunteering
Volunteer Information sessions
We are hosting volunteer information sessions throughout the year. These events will enable those who attend the session to apply for specific roles and secure a spot in our next training session. These sessions will provide a Q&A section to ask all your questions.
Register now to attend an information session about all the different ways you can volunteer at Red Nose.
We have two upcoming volunteer sessions in June.
Thursday 1 September 12:30 pm (AEST) - General Volunteering event - Register below
Please fill out the below form to attend our general volunteering event on Thursday 7 July 7:30 pm (AEST)